Terms and Conditions of Membership and Payments 2023
Terms and Conditions of Membership and Payments
Payments: I agree to allow Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc. to charge my credit card on a bi-weekly basis for the purpose of my membership fee under the terms and conditions of this Membership Agreement. I authorize Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc. to draw bi-weekly payments, terminal, paper or electronic entry through Visa, Master Card, or Bank Account covering payments due by the Buyer/Member to Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc., to cover all payments.
I certify that I have read and understand the terms of this agreement and agree to abide by such terms and acknowledge receipt of a true copy of this agreement. I acknowledge and understand that this membership is not based on usage and that I am bound to the terms of this agreement regardless of how often the facilities/services are used. I understand that my membership in non-refundable and non-transferrable
Updating Credit Card: I agree to inform Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc. of any change in my credit card (including but not limited to: expiry date, lost and stolen cards, change in address, etc.) within 5 days of the next pre-authorized payment. I acknowledge that the charge for each dishonoured pre-authorization payment is $25.00.
Open Door/Cancellation Policy: I understand that if I wish to cancel this Contract for any reason I must provide written notice via email to [email protected] a minimum of 72 hours in advance of my next pre-authorized payment date. I agree that I will settle any outstanding fee or dues in respect of my Membership Agreement upon my cancellation request. The written notice shall include the reason for cancellation. No further membership payments shall be due and owing after the effective date of cancellation. Any memberships paid in full are non-refundable for any reason.
Hold Policy: Membership holds will be approved at the discretion of management and must include length of hold and reason. Such requests must be sent via email [email protected], with a minimum 72 hours in advance of my next pre-authorized payment date.
Make Up Class(es) Policy: Make up classes are permitted based on each membership type below,and must be used within one month of absence. Failure to use the make up class(es) within the one month of absence will results in loss of that class(es) and no refunds or credits will be issued. Request for make up classes must be sent via email to [email protected].
1 class/week membership is entitled to a maximum of 3 make up classes every 6 months
2 classes/week membership is entitled to a maximum of 6 make up classes every 6 months
3 classes/week membership is entitled to a maximum of 9 make up classes every 6 months
For the Unlimited Kids Performance membership, refer to the Hold Policy
Classes & Holidays: Elevation Martial Art & Training Centre Inc. reserves the right to alter the days, hours of operation and classes if deemed necessary. The above Buyer/Member agrees unconditionally to pay the above membership without regard to the attendance or classes missed.
I acknowledge and understand that Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc. observes and honors all Canadian national holidays, thereby closing its operations on such occasions. Additionally, Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc. partakes in BOTH annual summer and winter closures.
I understand that there will not be any make up classes offered for the above mentioned closures.
Zero Tolerance: At Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc., the safety and well-being of our students, instructors, and staff are of paramount importance. We are committed to providing a positive and respectful environment for all participants to learn and grow. To ensure the highest standards of conduct and safety, we have established a zero tolerance policy for inappropriate behavior. This policy applies to all individuals, including students, parents, guardians, instructors, and visitors, while on the premises of Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc., participating in any studio-related activities, while interacting via email, telephone, direct messages or any other form of contact. Violations of this zero tolerance policy may result in disciplinary actions, including but not limited to a verbal warning, a temporary suspension from classes or student activities, termination of membership with no refund.
Agreement of Release and Waiver of Liability
I understand that Martial Arts & Training includes physical exercises. As is the case with any physical activity, I accept that the risk of injury (even serious injury) is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body, modify or stop the activity and seek immediate assistance from the instructor. Martial Arts & Training is not recommended and is not safe for those with certain medical conditions. I acknowledge and affirm that I am competent to decide whether or not to participate in group or private classes and I will make an informed choice before doing so. I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved in practicing Martial Arts & Training at Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre.
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in group or private classes and/or seminars.
3. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition(s) that would prevent my full participation in group or private classes and/or seminars offered by Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre.
4. I will update Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre as to any changes in my medical condition.
5. In consideration for being permitted to participate in group or private classes and/or seminars, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of my participation. Further, I understand there are significant risks involved in all aspects of Martial Arts and Training in general that may result in serious bodily or psychological injury, permanent disability, paralysis, or death. I also understand that there is a risk of incurring some injuries that may not become apparent until some time after training, which may also result in permanent disability or death, and I:
a. Willingly and voluntarily expose myself to the risks above;
b. Assume all responsibility for any losses, costs, and damages that may be incurred as a result of my membership/training. In further consideration, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre, its owners, instructors, seminar representatives, independent contractors, employees, volunteers, and representatives, for any injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of my participation.
5. I will not engage in any inappropriate conduct that could result in injury to myself or others.
6. I understand that by submitting this document, I agree to indemnify Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre Inc and the above parties from any liability for injury or death caused to any other person, as well as damage to the property, however caused by me.
a. I understand that this release shall be binding upon me, my heirs, executors, administrators and successors.
7. I give Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre the express permission to take and use photos and videos of my/my child’s likeness.
8. I agree to receive news letters, updates and changes to the schedule via email or SMS messages.
9. I agree that this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and if any conflict arises between me and Elevation Martial Arts & Training Centre, I will attempt mediation before submitting my dispute to binding arbitration.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents and voluntarily agree to all of the terms and conditions.